Edison is almost three months old and we realized it’s been way too long since we had a date. So we planned to take the trailer away for a night with the baby and celebrate our anniversary albeit a week late.
But, we got almost no sleep on the night before our getaway. Dane has a cold and Edison woke up every two hours. So in the morning we decided to just make a day trip to one of our favourite local places, Prince Edward County. Here is how we made our day away feel like a vacation:
1. Quick stop at our favourite bakery for lunch at Millstone Bread in Cobourg. We grabbed a handwich (not to be confused with sandwich) and coffee for the drive. Mmm. It hit the spot as always.
2. Cider tasting at County Cider Co. in Waupoos. I had a flight and enjoyed their peach cider–the best! We also tasted some fine local cheeses offered on their charcuterie plate.
3. Some shopping at Books & Company in downtown Picton. We also ran into one of our favourite coffee shop owners, Nick Cluley of Port Hope’s Coffee Public chatting with Jordan, owner of new shop Beacon Bike + Brew.
4. Fell in love with the beautifully curated merchandise at Keep. Literally products so beautiful you’d hate to use them! I can’t wait to go back here.
5. Finally, a delicious dinner at one of our favourite spots in Wellington, East and Main Bistro.
So there you have it. A quick day trip which felt like an entire vacation in one splendid afternoon.